NIPT Update: Additional Test Option for "Monosomies/Trisomies and Deletions/Duplications of all Autosomes" Now Available
The MGZ - Medical Genetics Center has extended its non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) to include, amongst the more commonly available testing options for fetal trisomies 13, 18, and 21 and maldistribution of sex chromosomes, an additional option for the detection of monosomies/trisomies and deletions/duplications (genome-wide, larger than 7 Mb) of all autosomes.
Overview of NIPT at the MGZ – Medical Genetics Center
- NIPT in the hands of human genetic specialists
- Complete and careful implementation of NIPT under medical specialist responsibility
- Medical validation of all NIPT results done by the MGZ’s clinical geneticists.
- Proven experience with NIPT since May, 2016
- Over 15 000 NIPT tests performed by the MGZ at its on-site laboratory in Munich, Germany.
- High quality testing
- CE-certified procedure (VeriSeq NIPT, Illumina®) based on whole genome next-generation sequencing.
- A very high accuracy in the determination of a high risk of trisomy 21, 18, or 13 of the fetus.
- Very high sensitivity and specificity for trisomies 21, 18, and 13 of more than 99.9% 1.
- Successful DIN EN ISO 15189 conform verification performed by the MGZ’s scientific team.
- Several test options available
- Test Option 1 - Trisomy 21
- Test Option 2* - Trisomies 21, 18, 13
- Test Option 3* - Trisomies 21, 18, 13 and Sex chromosomal aberrations
Sex Determination: Available with all options at no extra cost.
*Add-on option (available with Test Option 2 or 3): Monosomies/trisomies and deletions/duplications (genome-wide, larger than 7 Mb) of all autosomes. (+50 EUR)
Pricing starting at 269 EUR.
- Test procedure
- Available from the 9th week of pregnancy (9+0 p.m).
- Can also be performed for twin pregnancies (excluding Test Option 3), after IVF treatment, and under heparin therapy.
- Short turnaround time (TAT) of 4-6 working days after sample receipt2.
- Test results available in English and German.
- Blood sampling kits available to order from the MGZ.
- Test tracking feature for patients
- Patients can follow their sample through the testing process online to see when a sample has arrived and when their test results should be ready.
- Consultations with the MGZ’s clinical team
- Our specialists are available to discuss patient results with ordering physicians, especially in cases of positive/conspicuous findings or particular clinical cases.
In Germany, NIPT must be performed according to the German Genetic Diagnostics Act (GenDG). Please be aware of the need to comply with corresponding national regulations in other countries.
Collaboration Opportunities Available
The MGZ is inviting clinical institutes, diagnostic laboratories, physicians, and resellers interested in offering this testing to specific geographic locations3 to contact us at NIPT@mgz-muenchen.com for more information and details about possible partnership/distribution opportunities.
- Illumina, Inc., 2019.
- A longer TAT may be a result of longer shipping times required for international requests.
- Excludes USA and Canada.